Well it’s that time year, looking back to look forward. For the last couple of years I’ve taken to writing a bucket list for the coming year. It’s good to look at it and see how I did. I didn’t do too badly on making progress on this list. Really except number four I did all of them. So let’s look at them one by one.
- Motorcycle Camping! I need to do this, and again more than once.
I got this one in! I camped at Laguna Seca and then again for my Autumn Motorcycle Trip.
- Help my friends who keep talking about riding actually start on the path. (Yes this means you)
I did manage to get someone started with riding this year. We spent several hours in a parking lot and I hope to do more in 2017.
- Do most if not all of the minor maintenance on my brothers and my bike (now that I have a garage to do it in)
We did more than just minor maintenance on my brother’s bike, we even replaced a radiator. Soon we’ll be putting a new clutch in as well.
- Improve my riding. I want to get to a riding school of some sort.
I did not get to this. Well I didn’t get to a school. I have tried to work on my riding on my own, mainly practicing good habits.
- Keep my brother safe, by helping him to build a good set of motorcycle skills.
I’m not sure I had much to do with keeping him safe, but he’s been improving a lot over the last year. It’s been great to watch him grow as a rider.
- Try and figure a way to get my wife to ride more.
This was a mixed result. It is really too bad that the only time my wife did get out on her bike it broke down and we had to limp home on it. That was quite an adventure, but not exactly what I was hoping for. Really glad we had the headsets which made it so much easier to deal with.
Not a bad year for the ol’bucket list. I’ll get something together for 2017 and we’ll see how that one goes.