I’ve been talking about getting a new motorcycle, which means possibly having to move the FrankenMonster on to make room in the garage. Ignoring for now how that makes me feel I’ve been working on an exhaustive list of everything wrong with the bike. Possibly to make it easier to move on from her, or maybe so that whoever I sell it too gets it with full disclosure?
Enough with the psychology of it all here they are in no particular order.
- Leaking oil from vertical Cylinder which doesn’t match case perfectly. (620 case 695 cylinder)
- Smoking from oil dripping on Exhaust
- Doesn’t like to hold a low idle for more than a minute or two, long lights are annoying.
- Front Left Brake cable rubbing on new fender (think this is stopped by zip tie)
- Paint is meh on parts, specifically the scratch on the tank, and the rubbing from luggage on passenger grab handles.
- Seat is worn in places (however it’s a very nice aftermarket Sergeant Seat, the original is in great condition sitting on a shelf in my garage).
- Oil light… the damn oil light
- Right Front turn signal occasionally connection comes loose.
- Unlocking the seat, key stop is broken, have to stop at 90 degrees on your own.
- Rear Brake was sticking last time they looked at it. They did adjust it. Was wearing more on one side.
- Won’t start unless it’s in Neutral with the light on. Clutch lever switch broke so long ago I don’t even really remember a time when it worked.
Of course even with this laundry list of faults the bike still starts every time I ask it to and runs pretty damn good.
I’ll update as I think of things.
Blue Book is $3430 for a excellent condition one… we’re pretty far from that.