Motorcycle Projects: Getting Stuff Done

A few weeks ago I shared a list of projects that I was putting off getting done on the Motorcycles in my garage.

They had been on my list for months and I figured if I shared them it would help motivate me to work on them.

I did work on them since then so either it worked or I finally had time.

First I replaced the lens on the FrankenMonster’s headlight. It was cracked from a rock over two years ago on my Spring Trip to Portland.

img_7529

It was a relatively easy fix, even though the last time I took it apart was over six years ago.

The trickiest part is getting all the tension wires things back in while not having the lens slip out of the rim. Didn’t take me too long, and only had one false start.

img_7534

I then spent a bit of time trying to track down the reason my right rear turn signal isn’t working. That wasn’t met with the same kind of success. I hunted wires down, checked connections and it still didn’t work. No idea, where the problem is, and I was not ready to take the entire thing apart without consulting a professional first. Wouldn’t want to do a bunch of work that might not be needed.

The last thing I did was replace the rubber pads on the footpegs on my friend’s ST2. This was a relatively easy fix as well, but felt good to get done.

Some Before and after of the ST2's foot pegs

Some Before and after of the ST2’s foot pegs

 

Advertisements

About MotoCynic

I started riding motorcycles in 2006, and there is no going back. I've ridden more than 100,000 miles, most of it on a Ducati Monster, and despite setbacks and murderous BMW's I'm loving every mile.
This entry was posted in FrankenMonster 695, Garage, Life, motorcycle, Motorcycles and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Motorcycle Projects: Getting Stuff Done

  1. John says:

    Good for another 100,000 miles!

  2. Turn signal could be a bad earth. Proabaly near the indicator itself.

    Check for corroded screws/bolts and general corrossion at the point of contact and where the globe sits.

    A bit of Emery paper or wire wool will tidy it up. Then give it a coating of Vasoline or light Grease. Before reassembling.

    Don’t know how many classic cars and bikes I’ve had that suffered the same fate. Its a pest but an easy fix. (Usually)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s