Life is doing it’s best to keep me busy lately. The weather has been pretty good so I’ve taken the opportunity to take the long way home at least once a week. In fact I’m hoping to be riding it home as soon as this posts!
The only other significant thing I’ve been doing with the FrankenMonster is working on replacing my front fender. It has been slowly (very slowly) wearing down on one side.
I noticed this last year and hunted down a used replacement for it. However, I never got around to painting it, or really making sure it would fit. I wasn’t feeling any serious pressure to do these things either though. It didn’t seem like it was every really going to break completely and I had a house to remodel.
Well the fateful day finally arrived and my fender is now broken. So I dug out the replacement and sat down to take off the old one. Only to realize that I did not have a small enough socket to get the bolt off.
I thought I would just pick one up at the store, but I’ve been under the weather this week and doing any extra running around wasn’t in the cards so I ordered a set of sockets. I knew I should have measured the bolt to make sure the set I ordered came with one small enough, but I was sure it wouldn’t be smaller than 10mm. Wrong. Now I have to go to the store, and it’s been a week with a busted fender. Luckily it’s not that bad, but I can’t believe it’s taken me over a week to get started on this.
I’ll let you know how it goes. Here’s a pic of the “new” fender waiting to be put on the bike.