I still haven’t replaced my helmet. I should since it is past it’s suggested “best before” date but I am having problems deciding on what to get.
So here are the options as I see them.
- Option One: Get a Arai like the one I have now.
- Option Two: Get a Modular Helmet.
- Option Three: Get a cheaper helmet to make do for a while.
There might be more options that I’m not thinking of right now, but those seem to be the main contenders in my head. Now for the Pros and Cons
- Option One Pro: I know it will fit, and I like my helmet. I know it will be quality. Con: Expensive, and won’t be modular.
- Option Two Pro: Everyone I know who has a modular helmet loves it. The versatility of it appeals and when riding with others it’s nice to be able to chat at short stops without taking off your helmet. Con: Prices are still up there, and I worry about fit since I have a long narrow head.
- Option Three Pro: Save money now to feel safer. I might end up liking whatever I get. Con: Could end up being a waste of money if I don’t like it.
I’ve written them down now, all my thoughts on what helmet to get, and I’m still not sure what I’m going to do.
I am sure I’ll post up as soon as I do buy and I suspect I’m going to end up getting the Arai. The fit of a helmet is one of if not the most important things to think about when buying a helmet and since I know the Arai fits. With a slightly odd head shape that can be hard to find.