My poor Monster, it’s had such a complicated life. The sum of it’s parts now come from three different salvaged Ducati Monsters! (It’s crazy how often people crash and total these bikes!)
First we have of course my original bike which was totaled and pieced back together somewhere before I got it with about 1500 miles on it.
Then the dash died (it was banged up in the original crash). I got a used one with about 6,000 miles on it from another totaled 2005 Monster 620. This meant I had to reflash the ECU to remove the imoblizer so I could start my bike.
Then with 75,000 miles on it my engine finally gets put to rest and I get a 695 engine… from yet another totaled Ducati Monster with about 1000 miles on it.
All of this added up to a bit of confusion when they tried to remap my ECU for the 695 fueling.
Not that the pretty pictures mean much to me, but I thought I would include them. You can see how peaky things got toward to top end, and looks pretty rough. I’m sure it being a 620 Multistrada map wasn’t helping!
So there we have it. My engine mapping. Like I said in my previous post, things are working great. It’s just too bad about the gas mileage…