I’m off on the adventure. I got up before the sun and am on the Road. I’ve got my routes picked and my gear packed up. Before I left I spent some time looking at the real details of the trip, I would love to just wing it, but I don’t think I want to risk being stuck at my campsite with no food, or risk running out of gas in the middle of nowhere. So I came up with this, so I would know approximately when I would need to get gas and food, it also gives my Lovely Wife some details so she knows where I’ll be.
Gas Stops and other details
I Hope to be on the Road by 6 AM so I can avoid traffic completely in SF and in the North Bay.
- Mill Valley- Gas and Breakfast
- Fort Bragg- Gas and Lunch
- Arcata- Gas if I need it before Camping at Patricks Point, but I’ll most likely be back for dinner. Just need enough to go the 80 or so miles to get to my first break on..
I hope to be on the road with the sunrise (6:30 AM) since it’s a long day of riding. There was rain forecast, but no longer. I’ve actually changed this route lat minute to cut some time out of the ride. But this is roughly how it looks.
- Orleans- Gas
- Medford- Gas and Lunch
- Bend- Gas and Coffee Break?
- Eugene- Gas and Hopefully Dinner with a Cousin before heading to Portland
Day Three – Nothing, visiting Family in Portland
The pressure to get out early won’t be as strong, but I should be on the road by 7 AM.
- Portland- Gas and Breakfast
- Newport (or ideally 20 miles past on Hwy 20) Gas
- Albany, Corvallis, or Lebanon Area- Gas and Lunch
- Bend- Gas
- Klamath Falls (or once again further on by a 25 miles)- Gas and (a early?) Dinner and Shopping for Dessert for Camping?
Another Early Start since it’s one of my longest days. Hopefully on the road with the Sun again.
- Nearest Gas Station to campground (hopefully there will be one with in ~100 miles)
- Redding- Gas, Coffee Break
- Garberville- Gas, Lunch (185 miles from Anderson, prob need gas before this)
- Then I’m on 101 till I get home. Stopping for gas when I need it, but I’ll be in a pretty populated areas by the time I’ll need gas again. But Santa Rosa and Rohnert Park are both with in range.
Hopefully I’ll be home in time for dinner.