So I’ve learned something interesting about my motorcycle, certainly useful for right now with gas costing almost $5 a gallon here.
There is a sweet spot in almost every motor, and mine is 5.5-6k rpm. Which means if I keep it below or at 80mph on the freeway my gas mileage is dramatically increased. I go from 110 miles to 135+ before my warning light comes on. Which is the difference between 37mpg and 45mpg. Seriously.
It’s crazy. It also means the likely hood of getting a ticket goes down too. I still punch it at lights too… I haven’t slowed down at all except on the freeway. It’s amazing. My light today did not come on until 140 miles. 47mpg. Yeah I’ll take it for now.
Top Posts & Pages
- Everyday Try and Be a Better Rider
- Riding Home on a New Motorcycle
- Why I Ride
- Every Ride is an Adventure
- MotoCynic Confession: I like riding alone
- The FrankenMonster Has a New Home
- What I Did on Memorial Day
- My 2015 Motorcycling Bucket List
- So This happened: Hyperstrada 939
- Portland Trip 2014: Photos Day 4 and 5
- 3/21/13 crash aerostich Autumn 2016 Trip bmw boots bucket list camping cold crash crash 093010 crashing Death Valley Dream Bikes ducati ducati monster ducati monster 620 ducati monster 695 DV trip fast faster FrankenMonster garage gear gloves helmet holidays laguna seca lane sharing life long way home mini monster Monster Update moto moto camping moto crash MotoCynic On moto garage moto gear motogp moto life moto maintenance motorcycle Motorcycles motorcycling moto repair moto repairs moto tires moto travel moto trip new rider photos Plan B racing rain repair Repairs riding riding tips road trip speed spring spring 2016 trip Spring 2017 trip story sv650s target portland text tires track day travel video weather winter wsbk