I’ve only been camping on a motorcycle a half dozen or so times, but every time I’ve refined what I bring. This list is what I bring in addition to my Touring Packing List when I’m camping.
Motorcycle Camping Packing List
Tent: I have a Eureka Midori 2 (I like it, but only have used it twice)
Sleeping Bag (I use a ten year old Slumberjack) Smashed into a compression sack.
Sleeping Pad (My old Therm-a-Rest)
Pillow (small camping one)
Hatchet? Needed kindling bad.
Flashlight -extra batteries (I really liked the head lamp)
Hand Towel (and a bigger towel?)
Snacks (chocolate, energy bars, fruit leather)
Emergency Cooking Supplies
I generally don’t cook when motorcycle camping, it’s not because I can’t, it is just too hard to fit everything that you need to do it properly on a motorcycle. However, with just a few items you can cook on an open fire quite easily, once we made do with nearly nothing when we got caught out with only a grocery store as a place to eat. If I had the following with me I would have not had to buy as much stuff to make dinner and they are relatively compact and won’t take up too much space.
- Can Opener (or a knife that has one)
- Foil (you can just buy this, but you could just bring 2-4 ft.)
- Fork/spatula or utensils (something small just to help a bit with cooking and eating)
- Bottle opener (for the wine that makes every meal better)
- Knife (one with a decent sized blade for cooking chores)
- Small Salt and Pepper